Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Project Afghan. Finished.


It wasn't finished by the end of the Olympics. Nearly there but not quite. The day before the college student left for college, I pulled out all the stops. I planted my butt on the couch with a stack of dvds and a remote control next to me and knitted 'til my shoulder ached. 1:30 a.m. I wove in the last end and called it a day.

Here it is:

Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Worsted in Dublin approximately 27 skeins
Needles: Knit Picks Options, size 9
Stitch Pattern: Moss and Diamond Brocade
from Vogue Stitchionary: Volume One


Gauge: 4.5 stitches per inch
Each pattern repeat is 7 inches long.
Finished size: 72" long x 50" wide

Cast on 240. I used the long tail cast on and did it SEVERAL times.

Garter stitch 12 rows so you have 6 ridges on each side.
Row1 K6, *row 1 of stitch pattern; rep from * 19 times, K6.
Row 2 K6, *row 2 of stitch pattern; rep from * 19 times, K6.
Repeat until all 44 rows of stitch pattern are complete.
Repeat until 10 pattern repeats are complete.
Garter stitch 12 rows so you have 6 ridges on each side.
Bind off.
Weave in ends.
Get a massage and a margarita.

No comments: